Monday, May 4, 2015

Mt Roberts

Today I ventured back out to Mt Roberts at the Castle In the Clouds. My last visit with Robin was a whiteout, and this peak is on the 52 With a View.. so I decided to go back and check those views out! It was a gorgeous day, first short sleeve hike for me this year. The hike up via Mt Roberts Trail is moderate but was in great shape today. I picked up High Ridge Trail to the Faraway Trail which was very wet and muddy in some spots with some small patches of lingering snow that I hadn't anticipated. There were also quite a few blowdowns, nothing you couldn't navigate around easily enough but overall it was a bit of a messy section. In fact, I had the intentions of taking the unofficial trail/access road up to the true summit of Faraway Mountain, but must have been too focused on avoiding mud/snow and missed it. I picked up Faraway Trail which is smooth sailing, wide carriage roads to Cold Springs Trail and then completed the loop on Cold Springs Road. Bluebird day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment