Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Piper Mountain

 After 6 years, I have returned to work part-time. This has obviously drastically altered my flexibility and availability to hike during the week as I used to. In fact, I haven't been on the trails much at all in 9 months as I adjusted to this new routine. My wanderlust has returned and with a little bribing, I have convinced my children to let me take them wandering once a week after school. Today, in 90 degrees, we headed out for Piper Mountain in the Belknaps to continue working on their progress of completing the 12 summits. Hiking in the afternoon is new to me, I'm just thankful that long Summer days can accommodate this requirement. We hit the trail around 530pm in the early evening glow, and unfortunately it seemed that every bug in Gilford decided to join us. My fitness level needs a lot of work, so it was slow going, but we made it to the North Peak via Piper Mountain Trail and enjoyed a little time at the throne before returning the way we came up. 

Strava Activity









No comments:

Post a Comment