Saturday, April 11, 2020

Stewarts Peak

On our continued quest to hike in isolation during this Pandemic as well as checking off peaks on the NH Fire Tower list, we found ourselves at Stewarts Peak in Warner. There is a yellow blazed trail, that I have read was illegally cut and blazed, but everyone seems to hike all the same. Not seeing any private property or no trespassing signs, we headed up the short but feisty trail. My Suunto measured 0.8 miles each way and after a relatively tame 0.3 miles it just goes up, up and up. The first half of that incline included a lot of loose leaves and rocks, which at times was a bit tricky. The second half was pine needle and much better footing. I haven't done an incline that steep in several years, so it took me much longer than the average person. So much so, my kids bailed on waiting for me at the top and headed back down passing me and grabbing keys to wait in the car! My tolerant husband hung out and waited for me thankfully. The summit is viewless. There is a red blazed trail that I have read will have some limited views a little ways down from the summit, but we did not explore. There is a cairn with giant pole on the summit and that's about it. It was a gorgeous day, and since at the moment this is the only time I am leaving the house, I am grateful for my health and my family accompanying me on these adventures.

Suunto Activity






No comments:

Post a Comment