Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mt Blue Job

My husband and I belong to acidotic RACING, Tim races.. I take pictures. So, I have been watching folks race on snowshoes for 3 years now. I had never actually taken a step on a pair myself though. I received a message from local friend Mindy, who has kids at school with mine, if we were interested in taking a hike up Blue Job this afternoon. After borrowing some snowshoes for the kids from Mindy's neighbors and me grabbing my husbands racing pair, we headed over to the trailhead and prepared for our first Winter hike! It was SO.MUCH.FUN! I was hooked! The kids did great. Granted, this is a very short hike (roughly 1.5 miles total) and the snow cover was well packed and not deep, but it was a great introduction to another activity keeping me outdoors. We hiked up the main trail of Blue Job to the fire tower. Obligatory tower ascent and snack of course. Then headed down the backside towards Little Blue Job. It always amazes me how different trails look on any given day. As we descended, despite Mindy's confidence at our location, I was completely turned around and had no clue where we were! I had not hiked a whole lot on these trails and was not familiar with any of the landmarks yet. We reached the Frog Pond, and subsequent snowmobile trail on the other side, which quickly led us back to the car. Thanks for a great afternoon Mindy!

 Garmin Activity













No comments:

Post a Comment