Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mt Blue Job

A week before my husband ran his 3rd Boston Marathon, my family and I headed back over to Blue Job for a family hike. We headed up to Little Blue Job first and it was very, very windy. We then headed up the back side of Blue Job to the fire tower, which was the first indication of what was ahead. Ice and snow.. avoidable for the most part, but we had to watch our footing. On the descent, we encountered more ice. Quite a bit of ice. We were not prepared with the appropriate gear for ice, and I was being very anxious about the kids and each step they took. About halfway down, I was holding onto the youngest and he slipped.. I went with him and so did my ankle. I hadn't felt pain like that since I broke my arm as a 10 year old. I was afraid I had broken my ankle, but after regrouping and catching my breath, I was able to hobble back down to the car. I never went to the Dr, but my own self-diagnosis was a severe sprain (swelling and bruising to boot). R.I.C.E was on order for a couple of days. 




Holding on for dear life in the wind atop Little Blue Job


No comments:

Post a Comment