Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mt Willard

So two small mountains under my belt, I felt ready to tackle something "real". Our good friends, Chris and Karen, who are seasoned hikers, felt that Mt Willard would be a good jumping off point. Not too long, but enough ascent to really get a feel for what hiking can be like. Plus beautiful views over the Crawford Notch area. Also, a test for a couple of weeks in the future in which Karen and I would be making the ascent again for a wedding! Yes.. a wedding! I needed to know roughly how long it would take to get up this mountain so we wouldn't miss the ceremony. All was well until we reached the summit... and clouds. Completely socked in for my first "real" mountain. All I could see was white. But it was a great day with amazing friends, and if I hadn't been hooked before. I certainly was now. Hiking is my new best friend.


                 



the beautiful view over Crawford Notch.. wait, what?

No comments:

Post a Comment