I had previously visited Mt Caesar, but at that time just did the 2 outer trails creating a loop over the summit. A couple of intersecting trails towards the base of the mountain have been formally added, so I went back to grab those. Seeing as they are on the shorter end, and I drove 2 hours to get there, I decided to go back over the summit and get myself a little more bang for my buck. I parked at the trailhead which starts at the most interesting of many trails I have done.. through a cemetery! I headed up the combined Theresa's Trail and Elijah's Epic Summit Trail. Did the Theresa's Trail loop first. Back on Elijah's Epic Summit Trail, I went up to the summit. This is a short, steep little climb, but you are rewarded with 3 benches and a cleared view across to Mt Monadnock. It was a bit hazy today with residual wildfire smoke from Canada. The true summit is just beyond the benches, and houses yet another bench as well as a communications tower. There is a newer network of mountain bike trails on the back side of the mountain now, so it could be a bit confusing, but I suppose they all get you to the bottom! I went down Tower Trail, which is much less steep and more of an old road rather than true trail. Back at the lower end of the Theresa's Trail loop, I went back in and took Quarry Trail back to the cemetery.
Strava Activity
 |
| I went left on Elijah's Epic Summit Trail |
Theresa's Trail off Elijah's Epic Summit Trail
 |
| where Theresa's Trail and Tower Trail merge |
 |
| lower end of Theresa's Trail off Tower Trail |
 |
| now up to the summit on Elijah's Epic Summit Trail |
 |
| bench 1 |
 |
| bench 2 |
 |
| bench 3 |
 |
| summit bench |
 |
| down Tower Trail |
 |
| Quarry Trail off Theresa's Trail |
No comments:
Post a Comment