Saturday, July 18, 2026

Porcupine Falls

 While I was in the southwestern part of the state, I decided to grab another shorter hike since I had the time. 25 minutes from Mt Caesar was Porcupine Falls. I decided to do both trails outlined in the AMC South Guide, so I parked at the Rt 10 Connector trailhead. The trail heads up a steep climb with a big drop off down to the river before taking a sharp right turn and traversing up and down along the base of an unnamed hill/mountain before joining Porcupine Falls Trail at the trailhead on White Brook Road. From here it is an easy quarter mile or so to the falls. Today unfortunately everything was pretty much dried up. I saw just a trickle. Still a pretty area to explore around. There are a couple new trails being developed above the falls, but as it was starting to sprinkle and those trails aren't officially part of the AMC Guide yet, I decided to give those a miss and can easily come back if they are ever formally added. I continued on Porcupine Falls Trail which joins a discontinued part of White Brook Road at a rather overgrown area. Luckily coming out from the falls it was easy enough to discern, there were no markings if you were entering from the old road. Back at the parking area for Porcupine Falls Trail I retraced my steps on the Connector Trail and got back to the car just as the heavens up and it started pouring, justifying my decision to not explore the new trails!

Strava Activity

Route 10 Connector trailhead

trail turning right off the woods road



Porcupine Falls trailhead






just a dribble today



where the trail pops out on White Brook Road

parking area for Porcupine Falls trail




No comments:

Post a Comment