Saturday, August 15, 2026

West End Farm Trail

 I'd been putting off West End Farm Trail because when I had looked previously, the map to me seemed somewhat confusing. I decided to tackle a section of it this weekend, and when I looked at the map this time it was perfectly straightforward.. so I'm not sure what I was thinking last time. There is a relocated section not available on any maps I've seen yet, but I wasn't heading for that part today so I'll worry about that later. I decided to start from the NH Audobon Society trails. I followed West End Farm Trail to Dimond Farm, including the 2 very short side paths to the pond on the way out, and returned via Weston Loop. For the most part it was very easy to follow, though there do seem to be a few possibly mountain biking trails that branched off where I had to refer to my digital map to make sure I was on the right path. This section of trail ended up being really nice, I was pleasantly surprised. A variety of terrain from true woods, a small section of paved bike path, short road walk, wide open woods road, open fields.. kept it interesting where there wasn't really anything of note to see. I took a quick side trip to the true summit of West End Hill as well, There was an unmarked trail that led almost to the summit and easy short walk off trail. 

Strava Activity



side path to the pond #1

side path to the pond #2







I stayed on West End Farm out (left) and returned via Weston Loop (right)




turnaround point


Weston Loop back



I took Old Orchard Trail back to the car, this was fun!

oh whoops.. this was after and facing the opposite direction!


No comments:

Post a Comment