Saturday, September 5, 2026

Crotched Mountain

 A new spur has been formally added to the network of trails on Crotched Mountain, and I decided today I would explore. Laura and I set out under the premise of potential rain showers. We lucked out, though we could see them around us as we got higher up the mountain. Thankfully they held off until we were done. Laura had never been to Crotched Mountain before, so I opted for the slightly longer, but less elevation of Shannon's Trail up. This also took us past the gorgeous view point at the top of the All Persons Trail which is an added bonus. I had expected it to be busier, but we arrived to only 1 car and that hiker finished as were getting started. Did end up seeing a few others along our way, but way less busy than I had anticipated. Shannon's Trail really is a relatively gentle ascent. We took a shortcut path over to Bennington Trail a little ways before the actual Bennington Trail intersection. This was a little overgrown, but still easy to follow. Before we knew it, we were at the spur marked with yellow blazes. The spur is just under half a mile and leads over to the top of the ski lifts with lovely views to the surrounding areas. We didn't linger too long seeing the rain off in the distance and not sure which way it was headed. Back on Bennington Trail, we did head up to the summit where the fire tower pylons still remain and down to the viewpoint where the picnic table no longer remains. Then back down Shannons Trail. We jumped on the All Persons trail for a bit, but then back onto the main trail and returned to the car. A really great day in the woods. 

Strava Activity


viewpoint at the top of the All Persons trail


heading out on the ski lift spur









what is left of the old picnic table







No comments:

Post a Comment