Saturday, September 19, 2026

Plymouth Mountain

 It was an absolutely perfect day today. Could not have asked for anything better. I decided to revisit Plymouth Mountain as there is a new view spur that has been added. I opted for the Plymouth Mountain Trail as it is slightly shorter and quite a bit less elevation gain than the more popular Sutherland Trail. I love this trail. I parked in the pullout on Pike Hill Rd in Hebron and headed up. I saw no one on my ascent or descent and only 4 people while on the summit. The new to me spur is right off the summit, behind the summit sign, called Newfound Spur. The other 2 spurs are off the Sutherland Trail below the summit. The previous 2 times I had been up my views were somewhat obscured with weather and wildfire smoke if I remember correctly. Today was flawless. I had the ledges to myself for about 15 mins before anyone else came along and I just stood and enjoyed the view. The short spur trail was probably the most technical part of the hike as it descends a little and had a couple sit and slide scrambles, but absolutely nothing crazy. The ledge view intimidated me slightly when I popped out on it as it's on a bit of an incline, but I carefully made my way along with no trouble. It really was a 12/10 day. 

Strava Activity

where the trail leaves off Pike Hill Road

right turn onto the trail from the snowmobile corridor




the marker was just past the summit sign on the spur trail







No comments:

Post a Comment