Thursday, July 3, 2014

Green Mountain

The boys and I had to run an errand today. So naturally, I looked at a map and figured, where could we hike on the way! Our errand was in Portland, ME.. so I decided on Green Mountain. Completely not the way I would ordinarily reach Portland, but that's what makes exploring nature so much fun. It gets you off the beaten path and discovering so many new and fun things. Plus, Green Mountain would be another fire tower for my slowly growing list towards the patch.. always about the patch! I often feel like I'm lost when looking for a trailhead, regardless of how many trail descriptions I read.. this was no exception, but we finally figured out where we needed to be and set off. Another very hot and sticky day with lots of bugs. I think I reapplied the bug spray every 10 minutes today. Disappointingly the fire tower was closed for public access when we reached it (deemed unsafe, so fair enough). No views on this one, and with all those yucky bugs, we didn't linger once reaching the summit.. a few pictures, quick snack and back to the car to go run our errand.

 
Strava Activity






No comments:

Post a Comment