Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Phoebes Nable Mountain

The kids are back in school, and I am ready to get back into a routine of every day chores and most importantly hiking. Today I ventured outside my comfort zone and went to an area I had never been before.. solo. I've obviously hiked in unfamiliar territory plenty of times, but always with a buddy. I've hiked solo before, but always in an area I was familiar with. So this was a new adventure. I headed for Middleton and Phoebes Nable Mountain. I hadn't found a whole lot of information online, but it appeared that in recent times there had been work done to regenerate the trail network in this region. It's a small hike, but was a good length and elevation to get my feet wet on solo hiking. It was hazy at the one decent overlook, but still had some nice views. The start of the hike appeared to be on an old snowmobile type trail, then it turned into woods and became a little more technical. The loop goes up and over Phoebes Nable Mountain and down the back side into the old Burrows Farm land. There are some historical markers and monuments dedicated to the pioneers of this area. I would definitely like to go back and explore some more, it appears that more trail work will be done to expand the hiking network around Moose Mountain.

Strava Activity








No comments:

Post a Comment