Saturday, November 28, 2020

Great Bay National Wildlife Refuge Center

 To celebrate another spin around the sun, I was able to get my family out for a walk. This made me happy. I chose Great Bay National Wildlife Refuge. An area included in the AMC South Trail Guide for redlining. This area is near the Pease Airforce Base and has 2 trails. The Peverly Pond Trail is a 0.5 mile handicap accessible boardwalk loop past Upper Peverly Pond. Was a bit slick today after recent rain, but was still a super easy, nice walk. The other trail is the William Furber Ferry Way Trail, which begins across the street and starts off skirting a former weapons storage area (safely fenced off). This trail is a lollipop loop out to Great Bay on a mostly wide, easy grade gravel trail just over 2 miles long. It was a bit wet and mushy today without much to see as it's another grey, overcast day. I was just happy to be out with my family. 

Strava Activity


Peverly Pond Trail

Peverly Pond Trail

along Peverly Pond Trail

William Furber Ferry Way Trail

nice view across a former weapons storage area ;)

Field where the trail lollipops back around


No comments:

Post a Comment